Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Review!

Friday, February 13, 2015


Hey Beauties! Its been such a long time since I reviewed or even tried a new mascara because I really got stuck in a rut of using the same ones over and over again and just settling. Recently with all of the new releases in the drugstore I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick up a brand new mascara and of course since I know I already love Maybelline chances are I would love this mascara. Originally I was drawn to the super cute pink or rose-gold type of packaging and the cute 'Lash Sensational' name. I also had of course done some research on the mascara previous to purchasing it and knew that many other bloggers and yotubers had enjoyed it as well so I thought I would give it a shot.

I picked this mascara up at WalMart when it was on sale for $4.96, which many of the Maybelline mascara's are usually on sale for this price at some point at WalMart and most of the times they all go on sale at the same time. I was excited to save a little bit of money and to also purchase a product that I had heard so many things about and that I was truly excited to put to the test. The biggest thing for me with a new mascara is making sure that the mascara doesn't flake. Because of my recent super sensitive and super dry skin issues I find that many of my mascara flake and get stuck under my eyes and its really hard for me to remove the flakes. Thus, it was super important to me that the mascara stayed put on my lashes throughout the entire day and into the evening hours (because I do go to school and work, so it make for longer days).
The one thing that stood out about this mascara upon first use was the curved shaped brush with short plastic like bristles. This brush is curved in a way that its really easy to lay the wand on your lashes from the outside to the inside and coat them all in one coat. I also love this type of brush because the tip of the brush is a little bit smaller and makes it really easy to get on my outer longer lashes as well as on my inner lashes and it doesn't cause me to make a huge mess on my eyelids. The only one downfall with this mascara is that when you first open it it is a rather wet type of formula, which is alright if your looking for that type of formula but I do find that I can sometimes make a mess over my eyelids if I'm not super careful in using. But I'm sure like most mascaras that after a week or two of opening and closing the mascara that the formula will become more dry. I do tend to like a more wet formula because I find it clings to my lashes much better than a dry formula and it also stops it from flaking off as bad.
Overall I'm really impressed with this mascara and I think it would work well for a lot of people. I think the formula is something that's really easy to use, as well as super black and very long lasting. I do own the waterproof formula but I find that it comes off very easily when using a regular makeup remover. However I also found that because I have watery eyes that the mascara didn't smudge, smear or come off of my lashes either. I'm really enjoying using this mascara and I think I've finally found another holy grail mascara from the drugstore! Let me know if you've tried this mascara and what you think about it!
What you tried this mascara?
What are your thoughts?

post signature


affiliation

10 comments :

  1. I keep getting drawn to this mascara due to its packaging too and definitely considering getting this next time I go shopping. I'm glad you found it good for you only makes me want it more! Great review x

    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really wanting to try this mascara, it sounds pretty good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give this one a try! I'm a total mascara addict :) thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to find a mascara that doesn't smudge so this sounds perfect! I've heard lots of good things about this

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this mascara!
    chantelle | chanbelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mascara sounds fabulous, I have a few left in my stash to get through but I'll be picking it up once they're finished!

    I've followed your blog through bloglovin, I'd love it if you could follow mint too? http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/what-laura-loves-3919156

    Laura from whatlauralovesuk.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Maybelline mascara.
    They never fail to wow on your expectation :)
    XO
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I see this mascara, I think it looks similar to Benefit's roller lash because of the similar wand. Really need to try this, so much more affordable! Xx

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!