6 Perfect Lipsticks for This Fall Season!

Friday, September 18, 2015


While sweater weather and pumpkin spice everything might quite not be here yet for some of us. We are all awaiting the arrival of the frost filled mornings and the berry tones to appear. Here in Eastern Canada the weather is still sunny and warm, with periodic showers. However, the beautiful weather didn’t stop me from spending some time digging through my collection to find my best and favorite fall appropriate lipsticks. I do have to admit, I’m not the type of girl who wears a vampy berry toned or deep pink lipstick every single fall day. Because I think this is unique in the beauty world, because everyone is dying to wear dark lips. I thought I would share a really good variety of colors, brands and formula’s with you today in hopes that you might be able to find some of these in your local areas if you don’t already have them. 


Swatches (left to right); Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Nude Love, Nyx Round Lipstick in Thalia, Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries, Milani Color Statement Matte Lipstick in Matte Glam, Nyx Round Lipstick in Hefe & Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Wine Not 
To get things started off right it’s only fair that I talk about the….

Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks in Nude Love & Wear Berries:
These are my #1 go-to lipstick right now for countless reasons and I’ll try to explain the best that I can. First of all the shades in this range are rich in pigmentation and the range is full of everything you could need from nudes to reds, oranges, purples and so on. The other really high point that I love about these lipsticks is that they aren’t your traditional cream formula lipstick. While these do have a creamy texture they are more of a gel-based consistency. For example, have you ever compared the Revlon Lip Butters to the Maybelline Color Whispers? Do you notice how smooth and gel-like the Maybelline version is and how well hydrated it keeps your lips? These remind me exactly of the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick range, expect obviously that the pigmented of the Essence Lipsticks far exceeds the Maybelline Color Whispers.

NYX Round Lipsticks in Thalia & Hefe:
I wanted to include these not because they are my favorite formula (wow, what a way to start) but because the NYX Round Lipstick line in my opinion has some of the most unique colors. From white based baby pinks, to grey tones, browns, and so many other options. I love Thalia for its grey/mauve toned color, which for me is the perfect everyday shade for fall. Sometimes when it comes to makeup I don’t like to stick out in a crowd so choosing a color like this helps me achieve that look. As for Hefe, this is a very metallic red color and leans almost slightly magenta. I actually rediscovered this color after almost throwing it out in a declutter I did a few months back. I find this color to actually be really unique (at least in my collection) for a red lipstick and I have tried wearing it a few times and really enjoy the fall like finish it gives.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Matte Glam:
What is a fall lipstick showcase without my absolute favorite color! Before I ramble about this shade I do want to make a quick mention that I’m not the biggest fan of the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. I find there shade range to be limited (in the shades I like) and the smell just isn’t appealing to me. HOWEVER, the Milani Color Statement Matte range is by far some of my favorite in the entire drugstore. I feel like these are a heavier cream consistency but I actually really like this feeling on the lips. It stops me from worrying about if the color is moving around or coming off my lips as the day goes on. While I have just a couple of the matte lipsticks and far more of the regular Color Statement Lipsticks, I wanted to include the matte one because matte shades and purple shades are huge this season. And really who doesn’t love an excellent matte lipstick that only cost five bucks?

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Wine Not:
Last but certainly not least is a long standing favorite of mine and the perfect fall time lipstick. While all of the lipsticks I have shown to you are my favorites this formula and shade to me just screams fall. I feel like with the expansion of matte lipsticks in the drugstore, the Revlon versions tend to get left kind of behind. I decided a few weeks back when I was preparing for this post to pull this shade out and play around with it compared to my other matte lipsticks. I actually found that this lipstick far out preformed many others like Maybelline & Milani. However, I find this lipstick to be extremely drying. I tend to like to pair this lipstick with lip balms both underneath and on top, depending on the day. I wanted to include this shade because I know there are people out there who don’t mind dry lipstick formula and because really this is the only dark vampy fall red shade that I own in my collection. And it’s been a favorite of mine for a really long time. 

Here are a few honorable mentions that might also be great colors to rock this fall:
Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Lust For Blush
Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Uptown Mauve
Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Adorable Matt!
NYC Expert Wear Lipstick in Berry Me
post signature
affiliation

* Essence products in this post were sent to me by their PR department for consideration here on Little Beauty Bug. To learn more about my PR disclosure please visit my disclosure page! *

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!