Monthly Favorites: April 2016!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

April has to have been the best month of 2016 so far and I'm extremely sad that it's over. This month I got to participate in my first ever Fashion Show as a Makeup Artist. I launched my graphic design business and the weather has finally started to improve. Because this month has been so crazy, I haven't been trying many new beauty products but I have found myself going back to a few when I just need something that works.

That means this post will be short and sweet today!


MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream:
With the transition from Winter to Spring my skin is really feeling tight and dry and to combat with that I'm bringing in some new products to my beauty routine. MAC Strobe Cream has been a really great addition to my routine. I use this product mixed in with my foundation primer or when my skin is feeling drier I like to use this on its own as a primer. I really love the glowy effect this gives the skin as well as the moisture that it adds underneath of my other face products.

GOSH Cosmetics Giant Blush in Shy*:
One of the amazing products I was able to try this month was the beautiful GOSH Cosmetics Giant Blushes. I've done a full review on these products which you can READ HERE. I raved about them there and talked more about how I apply them and how they last throughout the day. As I've continued to use these products by far the stand out has been the shade in Shy because of the beautiful nude color and how well it pairs with so many makeup looks.

Essence Cosmetics Make Me Brow:
As many of you know, I also previously talked about this lovely little product in my Everyday Brow Routine post at the beginning of April. My brows have been a constant journey and they will continue to be for years to come. One product that has really been helping me is the Essence Make Me Brow. This is a really inexpensive product but it also is extremely great quality and really comparable to the Benefit Gimmie Brow.

Clinique High Impact Mascara in 01 Black:
Another product I've already talked about last month in my Mascara Madness post is the amazing Clinique High Impact Mascara. By far this was my favorite mascara not only in April but for the last couple of months. It provides my lashes with black intensity, separation and lots of beautiful volume. The other great aspect of this mascara is that it doesn't flake or smudge on the upper lashes but can be more tricky on the lower lashes. Overall, this has to be one of the easiest mascaras to use and provides the perfect full lash effect.

Essence Shine and Sheer Lipsticks*:
And of course, you know this wouldn't be a favorites post without including a lipstick or lip product of some sorts. This is also a product that was featured in my February Favorites and the fact that it has made it to April Favorites must mean that's it's pretty much a holy grail product now. The Essence Sheer & Shine Lipsticks are absolutely beautiful with an incredible shade range and moisturizing formula. I've been rocking Cool Nude the most, but all the other shades I have been able to try are also amazing. I will be doing a full review post on these so stay tuned!

Heading into May, I'm excited to continue this new journey in my life and to continue to try out some new beauty products. I have lots of great content coming this month and I'm really excited to share it with you all. Along with new beauty related posts here on Embrace & Ignite, I'll also be spending lots of time producing new content for Studio Krystal. Stay tuned for all the new things to come!

What have been your favorite products for April?
What are you looking forward to this May?



2 comments :

  1. I'm really wanting to try out the stobe cream it sounds perfect for summer!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Essence Sheer & Shine lipsticks, my favourite is #13 Like A Princess! Absolutely amazing! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!