The Perfect Summertime Heat-Proof Minimal Makeup!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Many days in the Summer you can catch me completely makeup free. From the heat and humidity, chances are my makeup isn't staying on my face anyway so I just find it easiest not to apply it. There is also the added activities like swimming and sweating in general that can become a hassle when you are wearing makeup.

But we all have those situations when you are headed out for a family function, work or a meeting that require you to wear at least some form of makeup. On those days it's always nice to have a go-to easy look that you can put on in five minutes. For me, that requires as minimal makeup as possible by making a selection of products that I know are going to stand the test of time throughout the longest and hottest of days.

Today I thought it would be fun to share my favorite heat-proof makeup products - which are all from the drugstore and easily accessible to many of my readers today. I also included a makeup look within this post to show you how quick and easy these products can be applied to create a healthy and beautiful look without having your makeup feel heavy throughout the day!



Ever since struggling with acne I've found that I can't go a day without foundation. I'm always going to be self-conscious and I hope that one day I can get over that fear. But for now, I reach for a foundation that I know I love and I know is going to look beautiful all day long.

Throughout the Summer that foundation is the L'OReal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in N2 - this is the perfect formula for dry skin in the Winter but looks particularly pretty for a more natural finish in the Summer time. This foundation has a lightweight feeling and provides a light to full coverage depending on how much of the product you use. For the particular makeup look you are going to see below, I actually just used this foundation along my nose and a small amount on the apples of my cheeks to help diminish the look of the redness that lingers there.

Within the last 6 months, this has become my daily foundation for all my needs - hydration, coverage and the ability to leave my skin looking healthy. In saying this, I have actually used this product up completely and I'm seriously itching to go out and purchase a brand new one!


Who's a fan of cream blush? I betcha that not even half of you reading this right now raised your hand. And if I'm being honest, I wouldn't have raised my hand before doing this post either. But if you haven't tried the Marcelle Cream Blushes than you haven't experienced cream blushes because trust me if you've tried this you would be raising your hand.

When it comes to cream blush I want something lightweight with a pack of pigmentation but that is really easy to sheer out or build up. I've basically just described the Marcelle Cream Blushes perfectly. In my experience with cream blushes I've also tried something with a heavier consistency but for the Summer months, it's all about being light. The Marcelle Cream Blush formula almost has a very gel-like texture to it which helps it perfectly glide onto the skin and for those of you who aren't super experienced with cream blushes the shade in Coral - the one I used in today's look - won't make you look like a clown if you go overboard!


In the past, you know that I've loved the Revlon Lip Butter and I actually own 12 of them - how embarrassing! But recently I decided to grab for the Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipsticks over the Revlon just for something new to try and play around with. I was extremely surprised when I used this again and I've fallen head over heels in love with the formula. While they are pretty much the same product I find that the Almay version has more of a light feeling compared to the more sticky Revlon version.

The shade I'm featuring in my look today is Pink-Light. One of the greatest things about this product range is that the products are laid out in three color categories - light, medium and dark. Then from those three categories, I believe each category has three associated colors to match the skin tone perfectly. So when I say there is a color for everybody, I'm not kidding around. There is truly something for everyone within this range and I think Almay is often overlooked at the drugstore. For me, I'm wanting to head to the drugstore and purchase more RIGHT NOW!



While the three products I just talked about were the driving force of my makeup look I also wanted to mention that I used a slight amount of the ELF Studio Tone Correcting Powder along the nose and cheeks where I used my foundation. Then I wanted some more dimension and shape to my face so I used my NYX Powder Blush in Taupe to create a minimal contour to the cheekbones! Everything else - including my brows - was left completely natural to reflect the easy, effortless and Summer vibe I was going for.

As a Makeup Artist, I've always felt the most confident in a full-face of makeup and I'm sure many of you ladies can relate. But wearing this looking out in public really made me feel more confident than a face full of makeup. I didn't have to worry about my lipstick being outside of my lip lines or my undereye concealer creasing or even worse, oily skin to blot away!

So there you have it! My perfect Summertime heat-proof minimal makeup look! This honestly took me no longer than five minutes to complete and it lasted me through an entire day and evening - with some slight fading - but no need to be looking in the mirror every five seconds!

What's your go-to look for the hot Summer days?

Do you still prefer to rock a full face of makeup or do you find yourself opting for less makeup? We all have such different makeup styles that I always love hearing about others beauty routines and I always love feedback on mine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!