Becca Cosmetics Glow on the Go Review & Demo

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Since the release of the Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill, everyone and their dog's seems to have tried Becca Cosmetics. Becca Cosmetics is one of those sought after brands and every time that I travel to Sephora most of the products are on display in prominent areas but often sold out.

I've always avoided the hype. Of course, Becca Cosmetics products have always caught my eye. But I'm really not the type of person to follow trends. Recently when I was at Sephora I decided to go in without a list and really nothing seemed to catch my attention. That was until I was searching the small little travel section near the cash register and I stumbled upon the....

Becca Cosmetics Glow on the Go Kit

Since I hadn't tried anything from Becca before I thought this little set that retails for $24 (CAD) was a great deal. And realistically I would never use an entire Shimmering Skin Perfector in the powder form or the liquid form. This made me completely okay with purchasing a set with deluxe-size samples.


Currently, the Becca Cosmetics Glow on the Go Shimmer Skin Perfector Set in Opal is only available in Sephora stores. I visited two different Sephora's the day I was shopping and only one of them had this set in stock. So it's going to be very hit or miss as to what stores you will find this set in. But I highly suggest hunting it down if you were in the same place I was; not trying any Becca products and never being able to finish a full-size product of highlighter.

I've always loved cream highlighters but when thinking about Becca as a brand, I've always been drawn to their powder highlighters. This set was perfect because it contained the:

Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Opal



Let's chat first about the...

Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights in Opal
1.7oz of product retails for $50.00 (CAD) // Purchase HERE

Since this is a value set (or sample set), the deluxe-size sample that comes within the Glow on the Glow Kit contains 0.17oz of product. To me, this is the perfect little size because it allows me to test out the product without committing to the hefty fifty-dollar price tag. This size is also great for travelling or using in my Makeup Artistry Kit.

As for the formula, one of the first things I noticed was how creamy and soft the formula was. This allows the product to be easily applied to the skin using the fingers or even just by applying the product straight from the doe-foot applicator to the skin. Because of this creamy and soft texture, it can also be used on the lips as a centre highlight to pair with any lipstick you might be rocking that day. As the product dries, there is a slight change in texture that happens and the product becomes a bit thick on the skin. But it certainly doesn't' feel heavy or thick sitting on the face. This was more something I noticed within a swatch of the product when the product was more concentrated. I really think this slight change in texture allows the product to really melt into the skin and stay in place for even the longest of days.

And of course, the colour! When this product is first applied and still wet is shows up very pastel pink on the skin. But as the colour starts to set down it becomes a very beautiful gold toned highlighter shade. Since I have pink undertones and I generally like more cool-toned shades, I actually find this gold toned shade very pretty on my skin this Summer since I'm a little bit more tan than I usually am. I'm curious to see what this shade is going to look like on me as my skin transitions back to a more pale complexion.

Overall, I'm really loving this product and I would consider purchasing it in its full size. I think this product is extremely versatile including being mixed with foundation, applied as a highlighter and even used to add shimmer to a lipstick or lip gloss. Even though $50 (CAD) is a high price tag I think that the amount of product you get is well worth the price because this isn't something you are necessarily going to run through quickly.




Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
8g of product retails for $46.00 (CAD) // Purchase HERE

Once again, it's to be expected that this product in the Glow on the Go Kit is much smaller than the full-size product. Currently, the deluxe-size sample contains 2.4grams of product which makes it a little over one-fourth of the product that comes in the full size. This once again is the perfect little sample for me because I'm never going to run through a highlighting product and if I do run through this I know that it's something I really need to consider purchasing.

The formula of this product really is the highlight to this highlighter (see what I did there?). This powder is smooth and soft which allows it to effortlessly blend over the skin and create an absolutely beautiful glowing from within look. Of course, this product can be sheered out for a more natural finish but it can also be built up to create a more intense highlighted look. Finally, if you use this product combined with something like MAC Fix+ then you are going to get even more of a highlighted effect to the skin. Using the product all three ways is absolutely beautiful.

Once again, the color of this product is very similar to the Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight expect that this powder version doesn't lean quite as gold and stays much more pink. Because I know that I tend to like more cool-toned shades I'm pretty happy that this powder version stays pink when swatched and applied to the skin. As I've been testing both of these products out, it's this version that I reach for more often because of the color and because of the overall ease of use within the powder formula. To get the best effect upon application I simply like to apply this product with an ELF Studio Fan Brush and really whisp this product over the skin.

This product is absolutely something I would repurchase and I would actually purchase this product over the liquid version just because I usually prefer a powder highlight because it tends to be easier to apply.

Have you tried either of these products before?

If not, they need to go on your list of things you need to purchase. Before purchasing this little set myself I never really thought much about why people loved these products so much. Now I understand. Everything from the packaging, formula, and color of these products is absolutely beautiful. While Opal might not be my perfect match, I'm thankful to have tried it and it makes me even more curious to try shades like Moonstone and Pearl to better suit my fair skin.

If you are on a tight budget and only have the ability to purchase one product I would absolutely recommend the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal - unless you want more shimmer because the Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights in Opal is going to give you that more metallic and wet appearance. However, I think the powder version is more versatile and going to perform better on the longest of days!

Which product would you recommend?
Is there anything else from Becca Cosmetics that I should try?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!