NEW Maybelline Pumped Up Mascara | Review

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Maybelline mascara has always been one of my go-to products from the drugstore I love everything from the Great Lash to Mega Plush to The Rocket but recently Maybelline launched there new mascara called : Pumped Up Colossal Volume Express and of course like the crazy mascara lover I am I had to pick it up! I was hesitant to pick this mascara up because I had seen and read some reviews that it was 1) not a good formula and 2) not a good brush/application but I decided to give it a try anyway and was presently surprised!

After reading so many reviews on this product that were negative I was expecting much from this mascara - I just kind of got in the mindset that it wasn't going to be worth my money or time but like all Maybelline mascaras I actually really like this one as well! I actually didn't like this as first because it was a bit of a wet consistency and I found that it got all over my eyeshadow and underneath my eyes, but after sitting around for a week or two the formula was able to have some time to dry out a little bit and now I'm really loving using this daily!
The biggest difference for me when using the mascara was getting used to the wand shade it tapers both on the inside and outside and is very fat and plump in the middle ; I found that I was unable to catch all my lashes in one clean swipe with this and I have started using it but first applying mascara t out outer lashes and then slowly moving into the inner lashes, making sure to evenly coat my lashes! I found that this actually makes my lashes appear longer and more volumized.

Overall this has been a great mascara for my, however I'm not sure I would purchase it again simply because I do love some of the other Maybelline mascara much more than I love this one, it was nice to test out and try though and if I do repurchase it I will let you know. I also am waiting to see how long this mascara takes to dry up and how the formula reacts as it does become more dry, since there is not flaking with this mascara after the formula dried a bit, I'm wondering to see if it does become to dry and start flaking!

Have you tried this mascara? What are you thoughts? Would you repurchase it?


post signature

2 comments :

  1. I haven't tried this yet, but I want to. I love Maybelline mascaras, and my favorite is the Colossal Volum'Express waterproof and the OnebyOne as well! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Maybelline mascara as well, I wasn't s sure about this one at first when I purchased it. I also own many unopened ones like the One by One and Colossal Volume Express - I got them on clearance for only $2 and I can't wait to open them and try them out.

      Also thanks for following me on Bloglovin' I really love all your posts!

      x Krystal

      Delete

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!