Top Products for 2014 | Eyes!

Friday, January 2, 2015

 2014 has been all about the eyes for me, mainly because I've been buying some higher end palettes but also because before 2014 I never focused on long lasting shadows and winged eyeliner and all those fancy things that I do now. In searching for some amazing products to help me on my eye journey I found some and I can't wait to share them all with you. The products range from high-end to drugstore and some are even discontinued (sorry)! Aside from the nine products I'm going to be showing you in this post, I'll also be telling you about some more amazing products I would recommend checking out! If you want to see my favorite eye products from 2014 click the link below...
Eye makeup has always been a huge struggle for me because I have horrible eye sight. I wear glasses on an everyday basis and I tend to find it very hard to see when I do eyeliner and blending my eyeshadow even. So I've really been trying some new things with my eyeshadow and liner and because I've been focusing on that I've found some really great products in the eye world that are absolutely flawless and stunning and I really wanted to share them all with you!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette | HERE
This was one of my first high-end purchases and is one of my favorite palettes for an everyday look or for using shadows in combination with other shadows. These are very smooth and pigmented and are really easy to work with and blend and you get quite a bit of product in each eyeshadow!
 
Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette | HERE
One of my favorite palettes of all time is this palette, the colors are extremely unique and there super pigmented. You can see a full review and swatches here! This palette also makes it really easy to create one single look, because there are some amazing neutral shades while at the same time there are some amazing brigher shades and perfect shades for highlighting!

Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen | HERE
I've always loved Essence eyeliners but this one has been amazing. Its extremely black, super easy to apply and doesn't tug at the skin on my lid and best of all this eyeliner doesn't transfer onto my crease area or my upper eyelid! And this is super affordable and is only two or three dollars!
 
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara in Black | HERE
My all time holy grail mascara has to be this one. I have never tried a mascara that does so many things in one formula. This makes my lashes long and volumized and also doesn't create any clumps or flaking throughout the day and it doesn't smudge around my eyes, even when they tend to water sometimes! This really also does create the look of using false lashes without actually using false lashes!
 
Revlon Lash Potion Grow Luscious Mascara in Black | HERE
Another mascara that I really loved was by Revlon and this is a really black mascara and is really great if your looking for lots of length. I also found after using this that it does remove very easily and it did make my lashes look longer over time (I'm not sure if that's thanks to the mascara though). But this is really inexpensive as well and does create a false lash look.
 
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk | HERE
Making my eyeshadow last all day plus more has really been my key this year, because I go to school for 6 or 7 hours and then work for 4 or 5 I really want my makeup to last. I always use this NYX Jumbo Pencil because it makes my eyeshadow colors pop but really helps the eyeshadow to adhere to my skin to make it last even longer. This product is also really inexpensive and easy to find it stores and is extremely blendable!
 
Milani Eyeshadow Primer | HERE
One of my absolute hands down favorite most raved about products for 2014 is the Milani Eyeshadow Primer, this is a sheer primer that is really easy to blend and easy to apply and makes my eyeshadows last 12+ hours before fading, creasing or smudging! This is also really inexpensive compared to other highend brands and can be found at most local drugstores!
 
L'Oreal Infallbile Eyeshadow(s) | HERE
If your on the hunt for some amazing sparkly eyeshadows these are something you need in your life. While there are some matte shades I don't find those as good. For the sparkly or shimmer shades they are extremely blendable and useable and have very little fallout. However some of these are more of chunks of glitter so you do have to be careful and also remember these are a pressed pigment formula so they may be a bit harder to work with than normal shadows. But there still amazing!
 
Joe Fresh Single Shadow in Smoke | Discontinued
Another amazing product that I use almost everyday is the Joe Fresh Single Shadow in Smoke, you can buy these at Superstore if your in Canada and I believe you can find the brand online. However I got this shadow on sale and I believe the whole range of these shadows was discontinued and new ones took there place. However this is a grey toned taupe shade and is perfect for the crease on my pale skin!
 
Here are some more eye products in 2014 that really did impress me but were things that I didn't reach for as often or things that just didn't really make me go wow, but are things I do recommend:
Maybelline The Nudes & The Smokes Eyeshadow Palette
Revlon Clickable Shadows (NOT the matte shadows)
Essence Single Eyeshadows
LA Colors Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils
Jordana Fabuliner in Black
Tarte Lights Camera, Lashes Mascara in Black
 
 
COMING SOON!
Check out my other top favorite products of 2014:
Top Products of 2014 | Face
Top Products of 2014 | Lips
Top Products of 2014 | Tools


post signature
 

affiliation

2 comments :

  1. Great post, I love the L'Oreal Infallible shadows they are gorgeous products. I am loving Rimmel eyeshadows at the moment, they are just so easy to use.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the chance to try any of Rimmel's Shadows although they have some absolutely beautiful colors and I look at them every time I go in a drugstore!

      Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 // ­­Bloglovin'

      Delete

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!