Top Products of 2014 | Lips

Saturday, January 3, 2015

 2014 honestly has been a year to remember as far as my makeup is concerned. There are so many things I've learnt and taught myself and so many people and YouTubers who has helped me in doing that. Lip colors is something that I have really gotten into this year as well, I branched out from just the normal nude lips and now have to say I'm loving almost every color (besides orange). Purple has been an outstanding color for me this year, as well as bright pinks. I've also loved some amazing glosses and lip balms. If you want to learn more about some of my favorite colors, formulas and lip products for 2014 click the link below...
Lip colors have been crazy in 2014 everything from red to purple to orange, pastels and so much more has been spotted from so many brands. I love lipsticks but I'm not willing to wear pastel green on my lips. This year I have really been loving nude and purple and so many of my lipsticks are just that, however many of the lipsticks I chose for this category are amazing in formula, feel and lasting power so that makes them perfect for my top products of 2014!
 
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks | HERE
*Fave are: Primrose & Berry Haute*
These lipsticks come in a variety of shades and can easily be found at any local drugstore, Wal-Mart, Target or other participating store. These are comfortable on the lip, smooth and creamy, don't track outside of the lip lines and stay for a reasonable amount of time. However reapplication is needed after 4-5 hours!
 
MAC Cosmetic Lipstick | HERE
*Fave is: Creme Cup*
If your looking to splurge on some lipsticks MAC Cosmetics is the way to go beyond there lovely vanilla scent there is a huge shade variety and various different finishes and formula to chose from. The lipsticks are creamy, smooth and last up to 6 or more hours on the lips!
 
Maybelline Color Whispers | HERE
*Fave is: Lust For Blush*
If your looking for a my lips but better color this line has one of those for you along with some very daring and out there colors. Without the intensity of a lipstick these give the perfect amount of shine and gloss while hydrating the lips and giving them a tint of color. These can also be layered to be more intense, beware though these don't last as long as a lipstick on the lips! However there extremely comfortable and you don't need a mirror to apply them!
 
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks | Discontinued?
*Fave is: Honeyed & Delicious*
I believe these lipsticks are being discontinued but you should still be able to find them at your local drugstores and I'm sure if there being discontinued they will go on clearance. These lipsticks are beyond creamy, they are also very pigmented and have some of the best shade variety at the drugstore. These are a bit more pricey than other lipsticks but are absolutely worth the price!
 
Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks | Could not find!
*Fave is: Nude Love*
Depending on where you live these lipsticks can be hard to find, however Shopper Drug Mart in Canada does carry a decent variety of the shades and I'm sure if your over seas you can find the whole line. I do find these to also be quite creamy and pigmented but the difference with these is they really don't feel like a lipstick on the lips and they feel more like a lip balm, but without the greasy slippery feeling!
 
Smiths Rosebud Salve | HERE
This is a vaseline type of lip product, but I do use this every night when I go to bed because I find this to be extremely hydrating and is smells just like roses. There isn't much to say about this product except is really does wonders for the lips, but just beware because it is heavy fragranced!
 
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm | HERE
I wore these most of the times when I didn't want to wear lipsticks, these give you the hydration of a lip balm, but give you the sheer color of a lipstick. Also depending on what shades you get you can get some pretty intense color. You do have to keep applying these over and over again throughout the day, but these are pretty affordable and do wonders for your lips!
Nivea Hydrating Lip Balm | HERE
Another really great product for the lips is by Nivea, and I bought this when I worked at Wal-Mart (6-8 months ago) because the air in there was so stale my lips used to really suffer and it used to drive me nuts. So I bought one of these on my lunch break and I use it all the time. It is a pretty greasy lip balm, however it does really hydrate the lips and I do like to use this over night or in the morning before I apply a lipstick. It just really helps to refresh my lips. 
 
Revlon Colorburst and Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains | HERE
*Faves are: Demure (L), Honey (N) and Cherish (N))
If you don't like the idea of carrying a lipstick with you or you just don't like lipstick you can opt for a Jumbo Lip Pencil and my favorite are by Revlon and all of there formulas (normal, lacquer and matte) are great. You can get a sheer wash of color, with one swipe but you can also build these up to be super intense. There are also some crazy orange and purple shades in the range if your looking to experiment. But be careful with these cause I have noticed some bleeding outside my lip lines and transfer!
 
Milani Brillant Shine Lip Glosses | HERE
*Faves are: Pink Lady & Ravish Raspberry* 
My last product is a lip gloss and to be honest I don't wear lip gloss a whole lot so I'm not really sure why I bought this product, but when I do wear lip gloss I go for one of these bad boys. These are extremely sticky, however they do warm up on the lips and that feeling does go away. These give a really nice color pay off and really do stay on the lips for a decent amount of time and there are by Milani and Milani makes great lip products!


There have also been so many more great lip products this year for me that didn't make it into the tops list but are still things I love to play with and use a lot in my collection and some that I really think you all would like:
Milani Color Statement Lipsticks
LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints
Revlon Moisture Stains
NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses
EOS Lip Balms
ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks
 
 
COMING SOON!
Check out my other top favorite products of 2014:
Top Products of 2014 | Face
Top Products of 2014 | Eyes
Top Products of 2014 | Tools


post signature
 

affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!