Maybelline Fit Me Hydrate & Smooth Foundation!

Friday, March 6, 2015


Hey Beauties! After doing a semi-rave review of the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation (review here) I though that I would also pick up and share my thoughts on the Maybelline Fit Me Hydrate + Smooth Foundation! First of all I want to start of by saying this foundation is actually not a new product, while you look at it and see new packaging and a promote of 'hydration and smoothness' if you look at the red lettering it indicates 'new look. same formula'! This indicated to me that this is actually the Fit Me Foundation just packaged and promoted in a new way. I was a little bit disappointed after coming to this realization and also cannot be 100% certain as this is true, I have contacted Maybelline for confirmation. I do feel the formula has changed from the previous Fit Me Foundation and I wanted to focus this review on how I feel like its changed and why you should check out this new formula for yourself. 
This formula is now promoted for those individuals who have normal to dry skin and I really feel this foundation suits that skin type. Because I have normal to dry skin I feel like I can more accurately tell you that this does not cake onto the skin and does not in any way show off dry patches on the skin. In saying that, I don't find this to be a full coverage foundation and I would even go and say that this is a light coverage foundation and is not buildable. I had to apply about four layers to really see a major difference in it covering some redness on my skin, however I didn't apply the full four layers on my entire face because it just looked like too much. Instead I applied a heavy duty concealer underneath the foundation where I needed it and then went in with one layer of the foundation to even my skin tone out. This foundation is very natural. I did not find the original Fit Me Foundation to be as natural and I felt like the previous formula had a medium coverage that was easily buildable.
On another note, I decided to try mixing both the Matte & Poreless and Hydrate & Smooth Foundation together and got a rather decent outcome. Because the Matte & Poreless Foundation has much more coverage it was able to cover my face nicely but the Hydrate & Smooth Foundation also gave me skin the burst of hydration it needed for the foundation to not appear cakey. I really enjoyed wearing the two foundations together as opposed to separately in both cases. I think both foundations have there benefits according to your skin type. But when focusing on the Hydrate & Smooth Foundation I think only those individuals just starting out in makeup and not wanting to wear a lot or those individuals who want a more natural look would enjoy this foundation. However, I also feel like those with dry skin would enjoy this foundation in the fact that it does hydrate the skin and it does smooth out the dry areas on my skin. I don't recommend this foundation for oily skin girls at all because the foundation itself is also oily, in a sense, that I feel this would slide right off your skin within an hour or so.
So those are my thoughts on the 'new' Maybelline Fit Me Hydrate & Smooth Foundation! Let me know if you have tried this foundation and what your thoughts were on it and also link me to your reviews or posts where you've used the foundation, as I'd love to see them :)

Have you tried this? Will you be trying this? What are your thoughts? 

post signature


no affiliation

1 comment :

  1. I love this foundation! It's so creamy and works very well with my drier skin. I also like the Matte version but I agree about it being a little cakey. I use a tiny amount with that one because it's a little more coverage. Overall, I love the Fit Me line though. The concealer and powder are pretty good too. Have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!