Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Hey Beauties! Over the past year or so I've tried several of the Beauty Blender Dupes and I have fallen in love with all of them. I have tried several different dupe kinds including one from WalMart from the brand SpaResource which cost's about $4. I have also tried one from Winners but I can't remember the brand name, all I know is one was dark blue and the other was a pretty mint color. I was lucky enough to get to pick up the Real Techniques Sponge after hearing mixed reviews on it. I picked this up on sale and I think I got it for only $7 or $8 when it normally retails for $10 here in Canada where I am. I thought I would throw together a post and tell you a little bit about this sponge since I find the product much different than the previous one's that I have used.


The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is orange in color and has one flat angled side and one pointed side. I find using the pointed side perfect for the under eye area as well as around acne spots or around the nose where I want to focus more product. The flat side I tend to like to pick up product from my hand and then place it onto the larger areas of my face such as my forehead, cheeks and chin. I also really like to use this to blend out the foundation and concealer I have applied previously, I tend to do this after I leave the foundation sit while I do my eyes. I think this just gives me a more flawless finish and it allows me to even out the foundation more and remove excess that I may have applied by accident.

The one thing that really was different for me about this sponge was the overall texture and feel of the sponge. Its very smooth on all sides but it also isn't very dense. I find that when running this under water to dampen it, it only takes me about two to three squeezes to fill it with water. And I find that when ringing the water out it rings to much of the water out so that the sponge doesn't really feel super damp on my skin. I like my sponges to be a bit damper than what others normally would because I feel like it helps to blend out my products more and it create a thin layer of the product while still providing coverage. As for the overall texture I really like that this is much softer than the one's that I have used before but I wish it had a bit more density to it.

Overall, I really enjoy using this sponge and I will continue to use it until it goes bad and I have to throw it away. I think this sponge allows me to have a much more even and light coverage in my beauty products. But for the $10 price tag I would much rather go back to purchasing my $4 dupe from WalMart that I have loved up until this point. I'm still interested in trying other Beauty Blender Dupes, because I don't feel like I have yet to find the right one. If you have any other suggestions for sponge's that I should try please leave them below as I would love to try your suggestions!

What's your favorite Beauty Blender Dupe?
What is your favorite way to apply your face products?

no affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!