Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara & Intensify Me Liner Review!*

Friday, July 24, 2015


Covergirl has always been a brand in the drugstore that I didn’t personally like trying new things from. If you are anything like me you might think of Covergirl and think of products that belong in your grandmother’s makeup bag. I know that seems a bit harsh, but they tend to be a brand that older individuals go for over younger adults or teenagers. Recently I feel like Covergirl has increased their game by adding more young and youthful products to their line of already existing products. I also think it’s great to see them revamping older products, like their lipsticks, to appeal to a younger market. Today I’m going to be sharing two products that I really feel like lean towards this younger market and demographic. 

Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara by Lashblast;
Covergirl has added a brand new mascara to their line-up called the Super Sizer Mascara. This is an addition to their already existing Lashblast line and this mascara claims to provide 400 times more volume, while still giving length and separation to lashes. Covergirl says that when applying this mascara you should also twirl the mascara to get the maximum results. I was pretty excited to try this mascara for myself as it has been some time since I’ve tried a Covergirl Mascara after having some not so great experiences with other formulas from them. I am pleased to say that this mascara really does a great job at both length and separation for the lashes. As for volume, I think this mascara could have much more considering they claim to have 400 times more volume in this formula. I do however, think that because this gives such great separation this is why it doesn’t appear to give as much volume. I do think all around this is a great formulation mascara and I think the younger demographic will definitely enjoy this mascara. The other really fantastic thing about this mascara is the brush. The brush is smaller at the base and gets slightly bigger near the end. The best part about this brush is that it’s flexible, not to the point where the brush bends, but when applying the mascara to your lashes the brush has some give in it to help you apply this to your lashes. I like this type of wand much better than a stationary hard wand because it allows for a more natural and controlled application. 


Covergirl Intensify Me! Liner;
Covergirl has also added a felt tip eyeliner pen to their range of cosmetics. This eyeliner is quite unique and something that seems a bit different to me. Covergirl claims that this felt tip eyeliner has a ‘paddle’ shaped tip and is an intense black color. Personally, I’m not sure why they created the brush with two different applications. Using the eyeliner brush one way is meant to give you a thin and elegant line and turning the brush and using it the opposite way is supposed to give a thick and dramatic look. From my perspective, I feel like there isn’t enough differentiation between the thin and thick side for it to give a completely different eye lined look. This could also be because I am completely blind without my glasses on and I find it really hard to see and control the eyeliner, so this could just be my fault. As for the overall formula of the eyeliner, I do agree with Covergirl’s claims in that this is an intense black shade because it really is. Another great thing about this eyeliner is the lasting power. I was able to leave the liner on for about 10 hours and in that time I didn’t notice any flaking, fading or smudging. The other thing I decided to do was set this eyeliner with some eyeshadow to make it appear a little bit more matte. Doing this actually caused me much more hassle than anything else, because I found the eyeshadow slide off of the eyeliner as the day went one. 



I thought it would also be great if you could see the products in action so I decided to include an eyeshadow look that I did last week that used both the mascara and liner. As you can see the liner is extremely black on my eyes and I did manage to create a thinner line using the odd-shaped brush. The next day I decided to try a thicker version and it didn’t turn out much different than this look. I do really enjoy this liner though, but I do feel like it’s a more liquid formula so I have to be careful not to make any mistakes. As for the mascara, I was really impressed all around. My lashes look really separated and long and they do have some volume. I love how they stand out against the darker shadows I used in this look. Overall, I think if you are a drugstore makeup lover you would highly enjoy these products. As a girl who has tested out many and many drugstore products I feel like these rank high on the list of things I would absolutely repurchase. 

Have you tried these products?
What are your thoughts?
Are you interested to try them?

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!