Back to School Makeup

Monday, August 31, 2015


Hey Beauties! I know for many of you that dreaded thing called school has already started and some of your are sitting in class wondering when this day will end. Some other's reading this post might not be going back to school at all this year. But one thing is true, we can always use some variety in your everyday makeup looks. Today I thought I would share a post featuring two of my favorite makeup looks that you could wear for this back to school seasons. I've designed these looks to fit different age ranges and different school experiences, but you could always play with these looks and change the products and colors to create completely unique looks for yourself. We have all went through those trial and error's in our lives and its good to have a solid base of makeup down. While makeup is about experimenting you also don't want to look like a clown - yes I used to rock blue eyeshadow on a regular basis and I didn't know how to blend. Today post will save you from the blue eyeshadow phase and hopefully show you some really classic, timeless and elegant everyday looks you could rock to school.

Description:
The perfect makeup for your first day of junior high in my opinion is something very light, natural with a hint of coral to remind us of those summer days. Or even hints of pink to show off your girly side. No matter the color you chose to throw into this look, I think starting off with a fresh clean face is important and applying products on top that are going to allow your skin to breathe and look fresh throughout the day. Remember, you don't have to go all out to make yourself look the best. The best feature of you is your natural beauty. Take pride in still having semi-perfect skin, with no wrinkles or scarring and chose to use light products that won't clog your pores or damage your skin and show off what you naturally have.

Product Recommendations:
+ Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
+ LO'Real Skin Beautifier BB Cream
+ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
+ Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
+ Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette
+ NYX Powder Blush in Taupe (contouring)
+ NYC Bronzing Powder in Sunny (bronzing)
+ NYX Powder Blushes
+ ELF Powder Blushes
+ LO'Real Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
+ Maybelline Color Whispers
+ Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks

Description:
For those of you reading this either going back to college or not going back to school at all I thought it would be fun to throw in a makeup look that would be suiting for you as well. I think for a college or university setting you can get away with a bit more makeup than you traditionally would for the junior high level. I would still use discretion, though. For this look, I decided to go bold all around but keep the look still classic and neutral so it isn't overpowering your natural beauty. I chose to go with a more full coverage foundation to hide any redness or acne scars that one might have. I also chose to go with a really neutral face look by just adding some blush and bronzer, but making sure you don't go to overboard. I focused on some neutral eyeshadows with a hint of color as well as pairing it with some winged liner and lots of mascara. To finish the look, I would go for a girly but subtle pink lipstick. For any makeup look that you might do make sure that you put just the right amount on, don't cake on your foundation to hide you imperfections. Your skin is supposed to look natural no matter what foundation you are wearing. Less is more, especially if you're sitting in hour classes all day and won't have time to get up and check to see what your makeup is looking like.

Product Recommendations:
+ Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation
+ NARS Sherr Glow Foundation
+ Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer
+ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
+ NARS Powder Blushes
+ NYX Powder Blushes
+ Kat Von D Monarch Palette
+ Too Face Chocolate Bar Palette
+ Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner
+ Covergirl Intensify Me Liquid Liner
+ LO'Real Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
+ MAC Lipstick
+ Maybelline Color Statement Lipstick

I hope you enjoyed seeing my interpretation of some back to school makeup looks. While each look is similar but different I really wanted to focus these looks on being all about your natural beauty and all about enhancing that, not covering it up. I decided to provide not only a list of products used in the pictures but also drugstore and high-end options for girls who might not be able to access the one's that I have shown. Of course, there are tons of others ways you could do your makeup for back to school and I always recommend rocking what you want to rock, or wearing what you want to. I hope that these looks and descriptions give you an idea of how you would like to wear your makeup this back to school season. Be sure to let me know what kind of look you rocked in the comments below! :)
post signature no affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!