Sample Reviews

Friday, August 14, 2015

Samples seem to be the one thing that pile up in my makeup drawers and I never get around to trying them out or using them up. I'm always afraid to try samples because I'm afraid I won't like the product or it might irritate my skin. But yet I'm completely fine to go out and buy a full-size product and do the same test on it. Today since my hoarding has gotten out of control I'm going to do a little mini-review of some of the samples I have pulled from my collection. I'm also happy to say that I have used all of the samples, sadly I haven't been able to use all of them up but you will learn why in my reviews below. If you have tried any samples recently and loved them let me know in the comments down below what products they were so I can test and try those as well.

Marcelle Skin Perfector - I got this sample on a bottle of the Eye Makeup Remover and was instantly drawn to it because I'm loving anything Marcelle lately. This I believe, was an anti-aging moisturizer and a corrector however I felt like this was much more a moisturizer. I applied this before I went to bed and got one use out of the package. I fell in love with the product upon first application and throughout the course of using and feelings this on my skin for the night. Instantly when applying it on the skin it was cooling and soothing and helped calm down my irritated skin. I also found that it didn't leave any sticky residue and dried down completely. The biggest thing I noticed was how hydrated and smooth my skin was the next morning. My skin also seemed plump and firm and full of life. It also appeared a little big brighter. With such great results, I actually managed to find an awesome deal at my local Wal-Mart the other day. Since they are doing renovations and clearing things out I was about the get this Skin Perfector and a Mascara for only $10! 

Fresh Black Tea Age Delay - This product was by far the worst one I tried out of the entire group and you guys know I hate to bash products. This was an eye cream and was meant for anti-aging I believe. The packaging wasn't too specific on what this was to be used for, so those were my impressions. First of all, I hated the smell of this product. I can't even describe how the smell was because it was dreadful. I also felt as if this product was extremely thick and heavy around the eye area, which is just not something I want around my eyes. The next morning it got even worse. My eyes felt tired, dragged down and they were so sticky that I felt like when I moved my eyes I would feel my skin sticking together. I also believe I got an allergic reaction from this product. Scary!

Diorshow Mascara - I was super excited when I got this sample to test and try because hello it's a Dior product and I'm a broke girl. First of all I was buying into all the hype that this mascara was fantastic and awesome. The first time I used it I was a bit let down with the overall appearance of my lashes. They seemed limb, not as black as I would like them and extremely long. After a few uses my mind totally changed and now I'm in love. I have found that I like this mascara much more with lighter more natural looks rather than smokey dark looks. I love the formula of this mascara which is a bit more wet than your normal mascara. This also gives the lashes tons of separation and length! However, I haven't finished comparing it to all my other mascaras but so far I have found some similar drugstore products. That's just something to keep in mind.

Lancome La Vie Est Belle - I am not a perfume kind of person but I've been trying to purchase prefume more often or as often as I run out of one. I recently was gifted a sample of the Lancome Perfume La Vie Est Belle, which I'm not even going to try to explain to you what this smells like because I would be no good at it. I can promise you though this is a musk scent, but it's very mature and feminine and I can't stop wearing it! I have found though as I have continued to wear this that the scent becomes overpowering and too much sometimes. I tend to wear this when I really feel like I want to smell nice and have the scent linger. Which, by the way, this scent does linger for an entire work day.

Cetaphil Moisturizer - If you have been following me for a while now you will know that this is hands down my holy grail moisturizer and I will use nothing else. This was recommended to me by my Dermatologist and I trust her opinion and so this is what I've been sticking with. I also just purchased the cleanser to do with it and will be doing a skincare routine soon! This is a more thick moisturiser but something that I really like using at night because I can leave this set on my skin and really soak into make sure my skin is staying hydrated over night. 

Rimmel Matte BB Cream - This was the product I was the most worried about out of all of the little samples I tried. I'm always worried with BB Cream's because I find that many of them turn orange on my skin. Thankfully, this color is perfect for my skin tone. I love the formula for this product, as well as the color for it and of course, the low drugstore price point. I'm not going to spoil too much about this product because it is something I am thinking of doing an entire review on once I've finished the sample and can provide accurate and in-depth information. But just know that this product has made it really high on my love scale and beats out many of my other BB Creams.

Urban Decay Primer Potions - Last but not least is the famous and talked about Urban Decay Eye primer. I got this sample a little over a year ago with my Urban Decay Naked Palette and I still hadn't tried this product. I dug it out of my collection and was excited to try it because everyone claims how good this product is. I was surprisingly let down and won't even be finishing the sample package. I applied my normal eyeshadows on top of it that I always use and within hours my shadows had moved all together and faded in areas. I didn't think this primer did much for keeping the shadows on or keep them vibrant and bright. I'm not really sure why there is so much hype around this product. I also should mention that I have dry eyelids at the moment, so it's not as if the oils from my skin broke down the product. I'm really just saddened that this might be a bad product and something that has so much hype around it, that its way too talked up. Did anyone have a bad experience like me?

What types of products do you like getting as samples?
Have you found a holy grail product through trying samples?
post signature no affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!