Maybelline Favorites of 2015!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy Hump Day! I hope your week is going fantastic and that you're getting lots accomplished!
Today is a very special day here at Embrace & Ignite Headquarters, because not only are we talking about one of my favorite drugstore brands BUT this is also a collaboration with one of my favorite bloggers who also happens to be a proud Canadian Blogger! I've been a long time follower of Amy from NewKeyBeauty , so when I put out on Twitter that I was looking to do a collaboration and she so graciously said she would be interested, I knew this was going to be the best experience. Over on Amy's blog, she writes tons of beauty related content including review, tutorials, tips & tricks, favorites and much more. Her blog is seriously worth checking out if you are a beauty junkie like myself. So for our collaboration, we decided to share with you all our Favorite Products from Maybelline. Amy had some products she had been wanting to review and we both decided this would be a great way to shop our stash and see which products we were neglecting and which one's we were loving to death! Alright, alright, before I ramble anymore...LET'S GET STARTED:


Master Prime by FaceStudio - Blur + Redness Control:
After loving the Baby Skin Primer all through 2015 I knew that I needed a change, mainly because my skin itself also changed. I decided to give the Master Prime a try. I was really impressed with the overall texture, feeling and application of this product. It has quickly become one of my many favorites in 2016 and from Maybelline in general! I also want to mention that while this primer is green tinted to help smooth and reduce redness it will not completely eliminate this issue - although it does help better than other green tinted primers I've tried!

Master Conceal by FaceStudio - Fair:
Maybelline never fails to amaze me with concealer and actually every concealer I have tried from them I have really enjoyed. Recently I've been using (and trying to use up) the Master Conceal. I've had this product since it released and it's still going strong. This provides a medium to full coverage and does a great job at helping to even out discoloration. I also love this product because it seemed to be a bit more moisturizing than some concealers I've tried.

Lash Sensational Mascara - Black:
I will never be without a Maybelline mascara in my collection. I've tried multiple different kinds and I've loved them all for different reasons. The Lash Sensational was also a new product that Maybelline released this year and this was one of the mascara's I purchased and had to open right away. Upon opening the product it is more of a wet consistency but give it about a week and it begins to dry to a really nice formula. This is an extremely black formula as well and helps give me both length and volume without being clumpy.

Master Precise by EyeStudio - Black:
Many of you know that without my glasses I am blind as a bat, therefore when I'm doing my eyeliner I need a really fine and small felt tip liner pen. I searched the drugstore high and low until I found the Master Precise. I do have to say that the brush is a little bit longer and flexible and it's not my #1 favorite kind of brush - BUT I can honestly tell you not once have I gone out of the house with my eyeliner looking messed up when I use this product. It's extremely black, smooth and dries to a semi-matte finish and lasts all day long!


Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation:
For all of my oily skin ladies out there who suffer with finding foundations that stay on your skin all day long and don't slip down your face. I've found the perfect foundation for you! This foundation has amazing oil control, while being medium to full coverage. I was a huge fan of this foundation before going on Accutane, when I was generally a more oily girl. I love that I could wear this all day and still feel just as confident in my makeup after 8 hours than when I first put it on.

Fit Me Hydrate + Smooth Foundation:
Don't worry dry skin girls I haven't forgot about you either - I'm a dry skin girl myself and let me tell you its hard to find foundations that work. This one will not let you down. I love the feeling of this foundation my skin, it leaves my skin feeling healthy and moisturized while at the same time providing me with the coverage and look that I need to make it through a 12+ hour day. The other great thing is this foundation is medium coverage but buildable to full coverage - without creating any cakey effect.


Color Sensational Lipstick:
Let's get on with lipstick now - because clearly I own quite a few from Maybelline. Maybelline has one major lipstick line and there called the Color Sensational line. However, over the past year there have been separate collections within this line (such as the Rebel Bloom collection and the Vivid collection). Overall, the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks are great formula - smooth, creamy, sheer to buildable and they smell absolutely delicious.

Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks:
One of my ABSOLUTE favorite releases from 2015 was the expansion of the Color Sensational line which now includes the Creamy Matte Lipsticks. First of all these smell just as delicious as all the other Maybelline lipsticks I have tried and they also have an incredibly smooth and creamy formula. However, I will say that this formula seems a little bit more of a powder consistency, I'm assuming this has to do with the matte effect of the product. However, don't let this stop you from trying them because you will quickly find that these are one of the best matte drugstore lipsticks on the market!!


Color Whisper Lipsticks:
If you aren't into a full opaque lipstick than don't worry because I have something for you ladies too! Maybelline also has an amazing range called the Color Whispers, these are similar to a tintied lip balm but with more hydration and more color. One of the best things about these is they are more of a gel like formula - whereas something like the Revlon Lip Butters are thick and sticky. I love that I can throw these on my lips without a mirror and I don't have to worry about them looking messy. These are also a great alternative for when your lips are feeling dehydrated.

*** I've recently learned from Maybelline Canada themselves that this product has been discontinued! So if you see these in stores, PICK THEM UP!


24 Hour Color Tattoo's - Leather Collection:
If you are reading this list of products and are thinking "Krystal, I can't purchase all of these products so which one do I really need?" - well here is your answer. You need the Maybelline Color Tattoo's in your life. Not only are they a dupe for the MAC Paint Pots but they are incredibly affordable with an amazing creamy and smooth formula and they last 12+ hours on the eyes without causing your powder shadows to crease and without fading! I do have to say that the Leather Collection (as seen above) has all matte shades and these tend me be the one's that last the longest and don't crease. I do find the shimmer shades are beautiful but they do dry out a bit quicker and are harder to work with.


EyeStudio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quads:
Last but certainly not least is the wonderful eyeshadow's that Maybelline makes. These are just their regular EyeStudio Palette's and they are wonderful and fantastic. These come in a large variety of shades with new limited edition shades launching all of the time. These shadows usually always contain glitter or shimmer, so if that's something you aren't a fan of these won't be for you. However, they are smooth, pigmented and create a beautiful and easy look to create. Of all the palette's Maybelline has available these definitely are #1 in their line-up for me!

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
But wait there is more! Maybelline has to be my ALL TIME favorite drugstore makeup brand, so of course there is lots more I love! Here are a few products I haven't mentioned above but are definitely worth picking up and trying out:
+ Baby Lips Lip Balm
+ Fit Me Concealer
+ One by One Mascara
+ Rocket Volume Mascara
+ ExpertWear Eyeshadow Singles
+ Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
+ Super Stay 14 Hour Lipsticks

So have you had enough of Maybelline yet? Because I could continue to rave about their products and their brands for days here on my blog. Many of the Maybelline products I've mentioned in today's post have become holy grail products for me and are products I continue to use every single day. I hope that you found something exciting and new from this post and keep an eye on your drugstore shelves because NEW Maybelline products have already hit the shelves and are being spotted everywhere. I promise to get my hands on some to review for you ladies & gents too!

I also want to send a very HUGE thank-you to Amy from NewKeyBeauty for doing this amazing collaboration with me. I can guarantee you her post is just as exciting as mine and filled with lots and lots more Maybelline goodies. I highly recommend that you check out her blog and her social media (which I will link below). Amy's blog is also one of my favorites for 2015 and I am so grateful for her blogging friendship and this amazing opportunity!

Amy's Blog // Twitter // Instagram

CHECK OUT AMY'S POST HERE!

post signature
** All products have been purchased by me and all opinions are 100% honest and my own!
** This was a collaboration post with Amy from NewKeyBeauty but there was no influence from her on the blog post or content written!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!