Best Makeup Products for Fair Skin

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Being fair in complexion has never been a big deal for me when it comes to beauty products. But that's probably because I've always watched YouTube videos and read blogs and knew right away the products that would work and wouldn't work for me. However, there are many girls and women out there who are still struggling to pick a selection of products that work for their fair complexion.

Today, I thought it would be fun to take a dig through my collection and really pick a selection of products (or product lines) that I know would be fantastic for those ladies out there who struggle with finding the right foundation match or perfect contour color.

So let's find out what I love and what I know you will fall in love with too!



Maybelline Fit Me Foundations have always been some of my favorite and in fact, the original formula was the first one I ever wore when I got into makeup. I've always loved the Fit Me Foundations for the light-weight feeling, medium to full coverage and of course, the color selection. I believe that Maybelline is one of the very few drugstore brands that offers both a light and dark range of foundation products. I will say that someone with pink undertones might find these foundations hard to wear because they are slightly yellow. But paired with the right pressed powder you can make the shade undertone work for you.

NYC Smooth Skin Loose Setting Powder is an amazing and affordable powder from the drugstore. When it comes to powders and being so fair I prefer to use something that is completely translucent or has very light coverage. For me, that's this powder. I use this powder in a variety of different methods including setting my entire face, baking my undereyes and using this to blend out eyeshadows and face products that don't like to blend out as seamlessly as other.

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Bronzer in Light to Medium is my absolute go-to bronzing powder. I've tried many in my makeup journey and I always come back to this one. I love bronzing powders that have good pigmented but that can work in a sheer manner or be built-up on the skin. This one works perfect for my fair skin and giving me the sunkissed look without making my skin look muddy. I feel like other fair skinned ladies would also appreciate the color, tones and overall pigmentation in a product like this. And it's pretty much fool-proof to use.

NYX High Definition Blush in Taupe is one of my all-time favorite contouring products. I will admit that I love the old Powder Blush formula much better, but I don't find the color difference to be that dramatic when applied to the skin. Because this is a grey-based powder it works perfectly for contouring and in my eyes, is meant for fair skinned ladies who struggle to find light enough powders for this purpose.

And if you are someone who is looking for some great eyeshadow options for fair skin I'm here to tell you there are no rules to makeup. When it comes to eyeshadow you should rock whatever color and whatever palette you want. However, like the little makeup addict I am I would recommend the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (for more cool toned shades) and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (for more warm toned shades). Then, of course, there are drugstore options such as the Wet N Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone, Maybelline Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette and the LA Girl Eyeshadow Brick Palettes!

What about lipsticks? Once again I believe that you should rock whatever lip color or formula that you want. But as someone with pale skin the hardest color for me to find is a nude shade that compliments me. Some of my favorites right now include:
  • MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Faux
  • NYX Round Lipstick in Thalia
  • ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose & Natural
  • Revlon Super Lustrous in Primrose
  • Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush (discontinued, but if you find it....BUY IT!)
Now you don't have to go combing through the drugstore or Sephora to find the right products. And you don't have to ask the Sephora lady the awkward ''What shade works best for me?" question! Save your pennies and purchase these products. And if you want even more products I highly recommend heading to YouTube and doing a quick 'Products for Fair Skin' search because tons of videos will show up with some amazing recommendations!

What is your favorite makeup product RIGHT now?
Bonus if you have a fair skin tone!

post signature

*** All products featured in this post were purchased by ME!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!