Over the past three months, I've been working hard on a Project 20 Pan that was set to end on July 1st. I've tracked my progress each month and you can view my introduction, first update, and second update by clicking those links. But for today's post, it's time for this project to come to a close and me to open a new chapter as far as project pan challenges are concerned.
As many of you know, this was a HUGE challenge for me to take on. I think in every post I talked about how I really did bit off more than I could chew. Some products were huge fails, others huge successes but a large chunk of the products are not completed and I haven't even really met my goals for this challenge. Since this is my first project pan, I'm okay with the end result and I've created new systems on how I will continue to pan my products within my rather large makeup collection.
For today's post, though, here is a little update and finale of where I stand:
During the progress of this challenge, there were many products that simply got old, dried out and got too gross to use. I decided not to fuss with these products and instead just give them a toss in the trash. I have too many makeup products to rotate through to spend months using up a product that isn't working or that doesn't suit my skin type anymore.
Here are the products I tossed in the trash:
- Maybelline Master Conceal in Fair
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool
- Tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss in Magic (LE)
- Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Love at First Sight
During this challenge, I was also able to use up a good handful of products. While I didn't reach my goal of using up twenty I'm extremely happy with the progress that I was able to make. Many of the products I absolutely loved or grew to love as the challenge continued.
Here are the products I used up:
- L'OReal Hydra-Total 5 Micellar Water*
- Lancome BI-Facial Double Action Eye Makeup Remover (sample size)*
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (sample size)*
- Benefit POREfessional Face Primer (sample size)*
And then, of course, there was a large amount of products that I wasn't able to finish in the last three months. My plan from here on out with these products is to continue to do monthly project pans or weekly makeup baskets to help rotate through my products and collection. For now, though, I'm going to continue using this set of products in hopes that I can use them up as quickly as possible so I can move on to others products.
Here are the products I wasn't able to finish:I've really grown to love project panning over the past couple months and I'm even obsessed with watching videos featuring project pan's on YouTube. I know the importance of rotating my makeup collection and using up products that are starting to get old. In the next couple of months (and even further) I hope to continue using products and sharing them here on my blog.
- L'OReal Hydra-Total 5 Toner*
- L'OReal Hydra-Total 5 Moisturizer*
- ELF Makeup Mist & Set
- Makeup Forever HD High Definition Primer
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Hard Candy Eyeshadow Primer
- Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in 905/910 (mixed)
- NYX Powder Blush in Taupe
- LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil in Seashells
- Joe Fresh Single Eyeshadow in Smoke
Stay tuned for even more project pan content that I've got in the works!
Have you ever done a project pan before?
What was the hardest product you found to pan?
Products marked with an asterisk were sent to me as PR samples!