Milani Color Statement Lipsticks Review & Swatches!

Sunday, May 31, 2015


Hey Beauties! With summer approaching faster than we think, I thought it would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite summer lipsticks with you. I also thought this would be the perfect first post to test out my new camera with. I'll talk more about the camera and stuff in another separate post but for now let's focus on the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. I've had some of these for the past year and some I have recently added to my little collection, but all of them are equally as beautiful in color and pigmentation and even better in formula. Sadly, I can only purchase these at Lawton's in my area and they have a limited selection of shades and they are about $6.99 (Canadian). I wish I was able to have access to more shades but I'm content right now with what I have and when I go on the hunt for a new one I may just break down and order online.



Swatches (left to right): Nude Creme, Matte Blissful, Fruit Punch, Uptown Mauve and Matte Glam
Overall the best thing about these lipstick has to be 1) the smell, 2) the pigmentation, 3) the overall feeling of these on the lips. First of all the smell is fruity and perfume-like, so if you don't like over powering scents you might not enjoy these lipsticks. I also feel like the smell does linger once they are on the lips. Second is the pigmentation, which you can tell from the swatches is a creme finish but are extremely pigmented and can also be buildable for a more opaque finish. I also find that the matte shades that I own also have a bit more of a creme finish, but still play matte on the lips once they have fully dried. Last but not least is the overall formula, which is smooth, buttery and very creamy. The number one thing for me is that a lipstick feels comfortable on the lips and there are very few lipsticks in my collection that do that for me. These are some of them. I love wearing them and I love reapplying these as they don't build up on the lips, move out of my lip lines or make me feel self-conscious about wearing more brighter and darker colors. 

After having these for some time in my collection and being able to wear them for a long period of time, I feel like I can really tell you that these are amazing lipsticks. I know there are so many reviews out there all about the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks because they are so hyped about in the beauty community, but they really are worth the five or six dollar investment. I also think they are great for beginners as they are really easy to work with and have a really great shade selection right from nude's and pinks to oranges, red's and purples. If you have tried any of the Milani Lipsticks or Milani products please let me know what your favorites are down in the comments. I haven't tried a whole lot of Milani Cosmetics but I think they are a wonderful brand so far and I would love to try more of their products.

What are your favorite Milani Cosmetics products?
Where do you purchase your Milani products from?

post signature no affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!