NYC Cityproof 24hr Waterproof Eyeshadow in Tribeca Taupe!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015


Cheap brands are a budget beauties best friend in the drugstore. Brands like ELF, Wet n Wild and NYC are a few that some of us ladies go to for a cheap and quick fix. Recently with all the drugstore launches from brands including; LO'Real, Revlon and more, the cheaper brands have lacked in the new release department. While I was out shopping a long while back I managed to finally spot a brand new product from NYC, New York Color called the Cityproof 24hr Waterproof Eyeshadow. I'm sad that I only picked up one shade cause I really should have picked up all of them including the eye primer to try. I generally get my NYC products from Wal-Mart and these lovely products are only $2.97 before tax. I'm sure you can also find these products at other retail outlets and even some drugstores. 

New York Color currently has 11 shades of the Cityproof 24hr Eyeshadows in their collection including the one I'll be showing off today. These shades range from very pretty neutral colors to bright purples and blues with many others colors in-between. These products are said to be waterproof, crease-proof, and 24-hour wear. While I can't speak for the 24hour wear, because really who wears their makeup that long. I can speak for the other two major claims that this product includes. I definitely feel as if this product is water-resistant, which is different than waterproof. I noticed when going to wash a swatch off that the water beads on top of the swatched product and really the product didn't wipe off the easiest with water. If this is what you consider waterproof than the product definitely is, but for me I personally haven't cried or had watery eyes in the product so I can't fully say how true the claim is. As for crease-proof, I definitely feel like the product is as long as you set it with a powder like most other jumbo pencil's and cream-like products. Now let's finish talking formula, this pencil is one of the creamiest products I have tried, especially compared to things like the NYX Jumbo Pencils & LA Colors Jumbo Pencils. These transfer both to the skin in swatches and to the eyes really easily. This also means that they are super easy to blend out and really fade out on the eyes. 



As for 'Tribeca Taupe' this color is the prettiest taupe shade I think I have ever seen if that's even possible. It's the right combination of brown and gray and can be both built up to full intensity or sheered out for a more natural everyday finish. This shade is also completely matte, which is another great reason I love using this shade as my eyeshadow base. It allows me to build both matte and shimmery shades onto it. Because of the amazing formula of the product it also grabs the powder products really well and keeps them on just as long as your powder products. 

Overall, right from the color, to formula, to price point and so much more I think this product hits every mark going. So far I'm impressed with the line, just by trying this one shade, and I hopefully can't wait to go back and grab some more next time I'm able to visit Wal-Mart. If you are in need of a really good eyeshadow base color or a jumbo pencil for eye lining, I highly suggest picking up these products as they are a great alternative for the more expensive and hard to find versions like NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Pencils. Not to mention I think these would be really fantastic is an artistry kit to use on clients for various different looks because of how inexpensive and high quality these are.

Have you tried these eyeshadow sticks?
What are your thoughts & what are your favorite shades?

post signature no affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!